I will try to sum up everything I did over the holiday since Christmas…
1. Finish “The Edible Women” by Margaret Atwood.
I have not read for a long time. I think i did something like creating a reading list every new year and never really finish it. So at least 2014 I have read a book. Compared to the number of manga I read, it is probably nothing but this is an effort that I made at the end of the year to encourage myself reading more in 2015.
Honestly, i guess because i was born in different generation so i was not really understand about the written issue. Or maybe because I do not owe a TV & not watching commercial often I am not be able to sympathize with the main character much? Or because I am in my good times, my appetite is so good that prevent me to comprehend why would people deny food?? Food is not the problem, the main character does not even cook properly, and what the hell with her being okay eating that much sugar but not protein or meat? *excuse my thought… She cant eat food because of all of the increased surround media? she cant eat food because of stress or social conformity? unable to figure out what she want? I do feel sorry for people who are so affected by all of the social expectation and common marriage standard that they forget about their own self. After all, it is her doing trying to be someone that “fit” with others and failed. However, I do see myself in the main character that we all have problem that we have to pull through ,there are times we can really take it no more then just w.e with it. We drink, we drunk, we ran, trying to escape and in the end, lets ruin it all, we are happy and back to ourselves… whatever the consequences…
I know I should stop applying myself in the book but that just describe how much i have enjoyed it. Overall, it is a really good book, I find characters such as Ashley and Duncan amuse me. I do want to know a little deeper of other character thought, do they appear as described? what the bachelor Peter think about Marian behavior? what would be his reason? I found Len Slank difficult to understand- his feeling are too easily to be swayed by reasons (from love to disgust – from cool charismatic young man to a crybaby)…
2. Finish knitting late Christmas present for my bf today. Pic update later…it is def time consuming (since he asked me something not expensive but with a lot of effort)- sometimes can be a little addicting if you start knitting- 🙂
3. Getting to know new roommate. She is 19 & really cute- I tried to put make up and help dressing her up for the holiday.:)
4. Have my allergy test and turn out I have cat allergy, the doctor said i will be okay with my cat as long as I take extra caution. more research works to do in the new year. #nofilter
5. My Niagara trip with my bf. We went to Pillar & Post -Niagara In the Lake. We booked the Warm Up to Winter Package and only pay for the room but we have access to all of the facility including hot springs, gym, sauna & indoor swimming pool. The first day we walked around historical town for sightseeing & after go back for hot springs. Second day we went to Niagara Falls, we are so lucky to see Lights rehearsing her songs for NYE. Her voice is so good it sent chills. After we walked Niagara downtown and comeback to see Niagara Falls Lights at 5pm and saw Shawn as well as Nick Jonas rehearse their parts. We rushed back to Pillar & Post for dinner at Cannery Dining Res- the rumored 4 diamonds res. And rush to hot springs after eat and wake up for the last hot spring time in the next morning.
Tips: We bought our own beer, it is really refreshing to drink beer after hot springs… Stay away from the 1st floor cuz it is so noisy. Even in the 2nd floor, I was waken up by people cuz they dont have soundproof. The fan in our washroom does not work & they did not give me the conditioner as well as we do not have one of the rope in the first day. Also, there are no slippers- they said they ran out of it. So if you do book a room there at the end of the year, do bring extra slipper, conditioner, toothpaste & other necessaries- i do find their hand soap really dry. The dinning is not really worthy for >60 buck a person. The service is super slow- the server forgot to bring me sauces for my dishes- she spent too much time chitchat with other tables. Wat to expect for 4 diamonds?
6. What I bought in 2014...
1) Olympus Pen 16MP Mirrorless Camera with 14-42mm II R Zoom Len to substitute for the recent broken Sony Nex 3. I have also tested Sonyalpha6000 in the holiday but i did not like it- it was used and over-rated- I do like the alpha7 but it is too expensive for me.
2) New lipsticks. Little Pretty by Marc Jacob. Nars & Crazy Tangerine- Lancome. I bought them while Sephora having this email promotion of $15 off for $50 or more purchase. The Lancome ones I bought in The bay while doing seasoner part-time for them.
Crazy tangerine -Lancome. the holiday orange color that i never have.
I adore the color ❤ Little Pretty is the little dark sparkly purple. I also mix with YU from Nars to get the color from picture. #nofilter
3) Microsoft – Dell Venue 8 Tablets. $99. Lining up for more than 3 hrs to get this-it is cheap but now i do not really know why i get this thing for- it is difficult to use- not many apps. connection s*ck & always have to update to use it. Currently, it is used as Mabu’s little TV – he loves his bird channel.
7.Holiday dress idea.
I did not have the chance to put on my holiday dress. I decided not to step out of the house dec 31 because weather reason. I hate cold zzz… so i rather countdown in front of the tv but i did save some pictures while trying some clothes…
Accessories: Forever 21
anyway…time to sleep. Good night and…
Happy New Year everyone!!!